4 Modules for Magazine-Quality Milky Way Photos (Value $646)
1. Night Photography Gear
One of the most common misconceptions about Milky Way photography is that you need top-of-the-line gear.
In this course, we’ll prove that even with an entry-level camera you can take stunning photos of the night sky.
We’ll show you:
- The affordable accessories we use
- Our simple planning process for night photography
- Camera and lenses you need
- What to look for in a tripod for night photography
2. Knowing the Night Sky
When you’re shooting the night sky, it’s more than an advantage to know when and where to shoot.
In this module we’ll discuss:
- How to use the North Star to know which constellations you’re shooting
- Why a moonless sky is your friend when you’re capturing a photo of the Milky Way
- When and where you can capture the perfect Milky Way arch
3. Shooting The Milky Way
In this section, it’s all about getting that stunning picture-perfect Milky Way shot.
We go into detail on:
- What exposure settings will grant you the best results
- How to get the focus right even if it’s pitch black outside
- Why adding a foreground interest is a good way to elevate your image
- How to use “the 500 rule” to know the ideal shutter speed for avoiding motion blur in the stars
- And much more…
The final step is post-processing your images. This is when you bring out the colors of the night sky and highlight the arch of the Milky Way.
- our complete guide on processing your Milky Way photos in Lightroom
- how to install presets to make your night sky pop with just one click
- how you can add more detail to your photos by using Lightroom’s panorama feature
- how to capture the moving stars in one shot
What else is included?
New Bonus: Milky Way Preparation Checklist (Value $49)
Milky Way photography is so unlike other forms of photography, it can be hard to remember every step when you’re starting out.
From the gear you have to pack, to the conditions you can shoot in, it’s easy to overlook an important detail.
That’s why we’ve worked with our designer to make a simple preparation checklist that covers every aspect of Milky Way photography.
From finding the perfect conditions to setting the camera up for great shots, you’ll always be prepared to take great photos!
Bonus #1: Steel Wool Photography Premium (Value $99)
Steel Wool Photography is fun and easy, once you know how to do it. But like all forms of photography, there’s a right way and a wrong way (and in this case, a safe way) to go about it.
Steel Wool Photography Premium shows you:
- 5 strange items you need to successfully do steel wool photography
- How to play with fire while staying safe
- How to fill the frame with sparks and flames
- Creative shapes you can make with the sparks
- How to make sparks fly in every direction (Hint: The steel itself is key!)
Bonus #2 - Light Painting Made Easy (Value $149)
Have you ever wanted to explore light painting? Now you can, with the key strategies the pros use to do this popular form of “trick photography”.
Light Painting Made Easy shows you:
- How to write your name in the sky
- What camera settings to use and why
- Cheap and fun light sources to “paint” with
- How to light a scene the easy and cheap way
- Examples of all the concepts being used in real photographs
Bonus #3 - Lightroom Presets for Astro (Value $99)
You’re also getting the exact Lightroom presets Casey and I combine to make our Milky Way photography more powerful. These are pro-level presets, designed to make the most of your RAW files.
Neither of us have shared them with the public before. They’re easy to use, and add more “pop” to your imagery.
Beyond the presets themselves, you’ll get a feel for why professionals use presets. Seeing how we created ours will better prepare you to create your own.
Why This Course is Worth $1,000
If I could give you a guaranteed method for taking some of the most powerful photographs of your life, how much would that be worth?
Taking great Milky Way pictures is on the bucket list for most photographers, myself included. There’s something special about it. Knowing you can capture images that most photographers can’t, gives you this irreplaceable, exhilarating rush.
Last year I was on Big Island, Hawaii, and I ran down to the beach to capture the milky way in the sky, and boy did it impress my friends! I don’t usually check this sort of thing, but it’s the most liked photo I’ve ever posted on my private Facebook profile!
Here, check it out:
Not to mention, it’s one of the most fun types of photography you can master. You connect with nature in a new way and really bring your portfolio to life. What more can you ask for?
The thing is this. Milky Way photography is such a unique area that training can be pricey. Workshops at $1,000.00 or more aren’t uncommon. That’s the reason so few cross it off their bucket list.
Personally, if knew of a guaranteed way to master Milky Way photography, and it cost only $1,197.00, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat…
And I did exactly that! That’s how much a 3-night workshop with Casey Kiernan cost me, and it was worth every penny.
What’s fantastic is this course covers everything Casey teaches in his closed-door workshop. And more. Together we’ve expanded the content, while making it easier to grasp and use.
Plus, we’re giving away Steel Wool Photography Premium ($197 value), Light Painting Made Easy ($147 value), and Lightroom Presets For Astro ($97 value) as free bonuses!
But you won’t be paying $1,638.00 today. You won’t even be paying $599.00. Or even half of that.
If you purchase Milky Way Mastery in our store right now, it’ll be yours for only $299.00!
However, once a year, when Milky Way photography conditions are close to perfect… I run a big sale to help more photographers get started.